Poverty, Aspirations, and Hope in Rural Myanmar
– “Measuring Hope: A Quantitative Approach with Validation in Rural Myanmar” (with Duncan Boughton); Revise and Resubmit.
– “Myanmar’s Rural Transformation, Beyond GDP: The Potential Role of Hope in Rural Mon State” (with Kyan Htoo and Lu Min Lwin); Discussion paper for the 2017 Myanmar Update Conference at the Australian National University.
– “Measuring Hope: An Empirical Approach with Validation in Rural Myanmar” MS Thesis. Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics, Michigan State University.
Guest Blog Posts:
– “Measuring hope: Lessons from Rural Myanmar“; Economics That Really Matters.
– “The Economics that Really Matter: Hope for Rural Smallholder Farmers“; Global Food For Thought.
– “The Real-Life Psychological Impacts of Poverty Traps“; AgriLinks.
Refugee Resettlement, Secondary Migration, and Regional Development in the United States
– “The Costs of Secondary Migration: Perspectives from Refugee Voluntary Agencies in the U.S.” (with Scott Loveridge); Under Review.
– “The Secondary Migration of Refugees Resettled in the US” (with Scott Loveridge); Forced Migration Review, Issue 54; 2017.
– “Refugees in Rural Communities: A Win-Win?“; National Agriculture & Rural Development Policy Center; 2014
Evaluating Transformational Development through Local Churches in Western Kenya
Peer Reviewed Publication:
– “Learning Toward Transformation: Evaluating Material, Social, and Spiritual Impacts in Western Kenya“; Faith & Economics, Accepted and Forthcoming, Spring Issue 2017.*
*Email me for a copy.